Virat Kohli regarded as G.O.A.T (Greatest of all time) is an Indian International cricketer who currently leads the Team. He is a right arm top-order batsman who plays all the three formats for India. Virat Kohli was appointed as the Test captain in 2014 following Mahendra Singh Dhoni and limited-overs captain in early 2017. Virat Kohli plays for Royal Challengers Banglore in Indian Premier League (IPL).
From a prodigy who started playing Cricket in Delhi’s old gullies to greatest run chaser and aggressive run machine, Virat Kohli has seen all the struggles and successes. Virat Kohli a Delhi Punjabi guy was born on 5 November 1988. According to his family, Kohli was just three years old when he picked up a cricket bat and start swinging. However, at the age of 9, Virat Kohli started playing cricket in professional Academy (West Delhi Cricket Academy) with the help of his father Prem Kohli who supported his cricket training and drove him to practice every day. But the man who created Virat Kohli success story was Delhi off-spinner Raj Kumar Sharma who has guided him from his childhood.
Virat Kohli first played for under-15 Delhi team in 2002-03 Polly Umrigar Trophy where he was the leading run scorer with total runs of 172 at an average of 34.40. In Late 2004 Virat Kohli was selected in Delhi under-17 team. But the main Success started in July 2006 where Kohli was selected in India Under 19 Squad and played brilliantly on England and Pakistan tours. At the age of 18, he made his first-class debut and afterwards Kohli captained Indian Team at 2008 in ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup held in Malaysia. Where India beat South Africa to lift the title.
An act of Great Commitment:
Virat Kohli came into the spotlight where he showed attitude and determination when he decided to play against Karnataka on the day after his father’s death and Virat Kohli life was changed after that day and overnight Virat Kohli became much more matured person.
Virat Kohli made his international debut on 18 August 2008 at the age of 19 against Srilanka and was given a Grade D contract of Rs 15 Lakh by BCCI. Due to the dominance of Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag, Kohli was dropped a few times but made a comeback in the 2009 ICC Champions Trophy and from then Virat Kohli played for 2011 World Cup which India has lifted after 28 years to Winning 2013 ICC Champions Trophy, Virat Kohli became a dominant force in India cricket team by consistent performance in limited overs and rising through the rank with setting milestones and becoming the run machine.
Records and Achievements:
Here are the records and achievements due to which Virat Kohli is considered as The Run Machine.
- Virat Kohli is a first cricketer to be awarded the top three ICC awards in a single year which consists of cricketer, Test cricketer, ODI cricketer of the year.
- Virat Kohli has scored fastest century by an Indian cricketer in ODIs (52 balls).
- Virat Kohli is the fastest player in the world to reach 8000, 9000, 10,000 runs in ODIs.
- Fastest Indian and second fastest in the world to scored 10, 15, 20, 25 centuries in ODIS and fastest in the world to reach 30 and 35 Centuries in ODIs.
- Fastest in the world to reach 15,000 international runs and in terms of innings, 17,000 runs in international cricket.
- Virat Kohli has most ODI runs from 2010 to 2016 and most test runs in 2012, 2015, 2016 by an Indian cricketer.
- Virat Kohli has scored most ODI runs in 2011, 2017 and 2018 by any cricketer.
Virat’s captaincy records:-
- As a Captain from 2015 to 2017, Virat Kohli has most consecutive wins in Test series (9).
- Most Test centuries (12), Double centuries (6), ODIs Centuries (13) as a Captain.
- Virat Kohli is the fastest batsman to score 1000, 2000 and 3000 runs as a Captain.
With many Milestones, Records and Achievements Virat Kohli also received Various Awards, Here are the Following:-
- ICC Cricketer of the year ( Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy): 2017, 2018.
- ICC ODI Player of the Year in 2012, 2017, 2018 and ICC Test Player of the Year in 2018.
- Padma Shri Award in 2017.
- Arjuna Award in 2013.
- In 2016 and 2017 Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World.
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna in 2018.
Personal Life (Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma):-
In 2013 Virat Kohli started dating Anushka Sharma (Bollywood actress) and both the couple soon get the new couple nickname “Virushka” (It is the combination of Vir from Virat and ushka from Anushka) by the fans on social media platforms and has around 3,10,000 posts by the hashtag #virushka on Instagram. However, both faced tough times in their relationships as in 2014 has gone through the honeymoon Phase of there relationship but in 2015 Anushka Sharma got highly trolled for Virat’s poor Performance which becomes a reason to attack Anushka. But in 2016 Happy Times Come back again and started to date each other again.
Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma wedding( #Virushkawedding):-
After facing lots of tough times in there relationship from 2013 to 2017 both finally tied a knot on 11 December 2017 in a Private ceremony in Florence, Italy with lots of Bollywood Stars and Cricketers and the same was followed by a grand reception in Delhi and Mumbai.
However, lots of female following were angry on Virat Kohli as he is the most loved cricketer by females but the same following were melted by seeing the beautiful pictures of the wedding posted by both the couples on Social Media Platforms which has gathered around 46.5 lakhs likes on Instagram.
From all the Awards, Milestones, Records and Achievements we are proud to say Virat Kohli as Virat-The Run Machine Kohli.
However, all the Cricketing nation are waiting for the one breathtaking moment is when Virat Kohli will be able to break God of cricket- Sachin Tendulkar Record of 100 Centuries and Most international Runs by any cricketer
By seeing the form of VIRAT- The Run Machine Kohli possibility will be soon but itis quite unpredictable same as the game of Cricket.